Centricity Series: Parkinson’s disease 2016
The purpose of this symposium is to discuss recent advances in the clinical response to dopaminergic therapy in Parkinson’s disease (PD) patients as well as potential treatment side effects.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Analyze status of levodopa/carbidopa as the “gold standard” for antiparkinsonian therapy.
- Assess why there have been so few new treatments for patients.
- Review the personal and medical impact of treatment side effects focusing on
levodopa-induced dyskinesias (LID) and cognitive dysfunction.
- Review recent research from the Feinstein Udall Center.
- Discuss possible role of early surgical interventions such as deep brain stimulation (DBS)
in preventing the development of levodopa-mediated side effects.
Please click here to view the agenda for the Centricity Series on Parkinson’s disease: Evaluating the gold standard treatment.
Please see above for registration information.
Location350 Community Drive
Goldman Conference Room
Manhasset, NY 11030