The topics of this course include the following:
- How do I bring my discovery, innovation or idea to the attention of Northwell Health for evaluation?
- What sorts of healthcare innovations are evaluated by the Office of Technology Transfer versus Northwell Health Ventures?
- How does the evaluation process proceed?
- What are my rights in innovations that I create in my capacity as an employee or a researcher at Northwell Health?
- What happens if Northwell Health decides to support implementation of my idea?
- What if Northwell Health decides not to go forward and develop my idea?
The objectives of this course include the following:
- List Northwell Health resources and services available to translate research and clinical discoveries, innovations, process improvements, software, apps and new ideas into improved clinical products and healthcare solutions.
The Public Research Education Program (PREP) is a series of courses developed by various research support offices in conjunction with other health system offices. The courses offer CME credits and are designed to increase quality of research throughout the health system and streamline the process of conducting research.
PREP courses also aim to enhance and expand investigator capacity to conduct research. PREP courses are free and open to all Northwell Health employees, students, and volunteers. In addition, interested research collaborators and community partners are welcome to attend.
Light refreshments will be served at the courses held at the Goldman B Conference Room.
Don’t forget to check out select videos of PREP courses online.