Step 1: Send us your email address
Provide the study team with the email address of the contact person at your department who will be gathering the information and completing the online data collection forms.
Once the team has received an email address for your department, that person will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Study Invitation for the Northwell Health Firefighter Cancer Study.
The email will contain instructions for completing the forms and the link to access them.
Step 2: Open the link and complete the online data collection forms
- Fire Department Information
- Answer the questions with general information about the fire department
- Upload the Incident Type Report Summaries (the information that your department would report to NFIRS) for the years 2012-2016
- Provide information for the department’s contact person
- Personnel Information Files
- Option 1: Use your own computer program to make a list of the required personnel information for all past (inactive, exempt, and deceased) and present members and upload the file in the online data collection forms
- Option 2: Download the Excel Spreadsheet created by the study team and enter the required information for all past (inactive, exempt, and deceased) and present members of your department and upload the file in the online data collection forms
- Option 3: Mail-in or Fax. If you select this option, please contact Gina Arena for further instructions before sending any information
Please send information for ALL past and present members of your department, not just those with cancer. We do NOT need to know any medical information about any members, just the following items (required*):
- Complete name (last, first, middle initial)*
- Date of birth*
- Current street address, town or city, state, zip code*
- Sex and ethnicity/race*
- Status at fire department (active, inactive, exempt or deceased)*
- Date joined and date exempt/resigned at the fire department (and any gaps in service)*
- Highest rank and position at fire department
- Membership with any other fire department
- Status as a career firefighter
Complete as much information for each firefighter as available; anything unavailable can be left blank.