Molecular Medicine is an international, peer-reviewed biomedical journal published by The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. It offers original research articles, review articles, editorials, commentaries and letters to the editor covering emerging concepts in the interdisciplinary field of molecular medicine.
Our journal strives to understand normal body functioning and disease pathogenesis at the molecular level. This knowledge could possibly be used by researchers and physician-scientists in the design of specific molecular tools for the diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention of disease. Manuscripts submitted to Molecular Medicine should maintain this focus and describe the implications for human disease at a level that is approachable by the broad readership of our journal.
Molecular Medicine is listed in the Journal Citation Report (JCR), which provides quantitative tools to rank, evaluate, categorize and compare various journals. The 2013 JCR (for articles published in 2011 and 2012) lists Molecular Medicine with an impact factor of 4.824. This number is a measure of how frequently the average article in a journal has been cited in a particular year. It’s calculated by dividing the number of current year journal citations by the number of citable items published in that journal during the previous two years.
Our JCR category rankings are as follows:
- Medicine, Research and Experimental – ranked 15 out of 122 journals in this category
- Cell Biology – ranked 54 out of 185 journals in this category
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology – ranked 59 out of 291 journals in this category
Molecular Medicine Offers:
- High priority on rapid publication. All content is published free at molmed.org within an average of eight days after acceptance;
- Conducts rapid peer review. Average time to first decision is approximately four weeks;
- Automatic submission of your work to PubMed Central in accordance with the NIH Public Access Policy;
- An open access journal with free full-text access dating back to the inaugural issue in November 1994;
- Offers a pre-submission enquiry service. Check to see if your manuscript topic is suitable for Molecular Medicine prior to formal submission;
- A Print-on-Demand service. Print out your favorite issue and have it mailed to your doorstep.
350 Community Drive
Manhasset, NY 11030
Phone: (516) 562-2114
Fax: (516) 562-1022