Animal Welfare Office (AWO) supports the Animal Research Program in collaboration with the Center for Comparative Physiology (CCP) and the Feinstein Institute-Northwell Health investigative community of creative thinkers who share a singular focus of advancing science to prevent disease and cure patients. We offer services in support of research endeavors and compliance with federal and state regulations and organizational polices governing animal based research. The AWO administers one Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) charged with ensuring compliance with standards and regulatory requirements, conducting protocol reviews and proposal approvals, and ongoing monitoring of all activities involving live vertebrate animals.
AWO Office Functions
- Administrative and regulatory leadership and support of the IACUC;
- Guidance in complying with program requirements;
- Pre-submission assistance including what to consider when developing research proposals;
- Information and resources to facilitate research and maintain compliance;
- Implements Risk-Based Program of Continuing Review;
- Congruency verification of federally supported activities;
- Investigate reports of animal welfare concerns and allegations of protocol noncompliance;
- Address any questions or concerns about the animal research program and animal care and use.
For questions regarding the Northwell Health IACUC, please contact:
Director, Animal Welfare Office
Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC) &
Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
Phone: (516) 465-2717
General Email: email@example.com