Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) Policies and Procedures
The HRPP Policy and Procedure Manual reflects the policy and procedures of the Northwell Health
The IRB Fee Schedule policy details how fees are calculated for IRB review and processing performed by
Health System Research Policies
These policies need to be followed Regardless of the reviewing IRB (IRB of Record) for the study. Health System research policies apply to all members of Northwell Health workforce including, but not limited to, employees, medical staff, volunteers, students, physician office staff, and other people conducting research for or at the Health System. A full list of research policies can be found on the Intranet by clicking on the Policies tab and Research Policies link under your facility.
Below are some examples of Health System research policies that can be found on the Intranet:
- Research at Northwell Health
- Research with Human Subjects (IRB Approval)
- GR065 Review and Management of External Interests (COIs) in Research (Individual)
- Research Misconduct
- Human Subject Research Oversight and Monitoring
- Human Subject Research Training
- Training for Shipping Infectious Substances, Diagnostic Specimens, Radioactive and Other Hazardous Materials
- Visiting Scientists and Scholars for Research
- Requirements for Registration of Clinical Research Studies
- Grant Applications for External Funding
- Grant Close Out
- Time and Effort Reporting
- Principal Investigators for Sponsored Research
Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Policies and Procedures
The IBC Policies and Procedures Manual can be found on Northwell Health’s IBC website and reflects the policies and procedures of the Northwell Health Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC). The policies apply when using the Northwell Health IBC.
Facility/Departmental/Programmatic Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
There may be policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) that are specific to your facility, department, and/or research program you are a member of. Be sure to know where to find your site and research program specific policies and SOPs.