Northwell Health Research Policies
Northwell Health research policies apply to all Northwell Health employees, as well as medical staff, volunteers, students, trainees, physician office staff, contractors, trustees and other persons performing work for or at Northwell Health; faculty and students of the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine conducting research on behalf of the School of Medicine on or at any Northwell Health facility; and the faculty and students of the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies. A full list of research policies can be found on the Intranet by clicking on the Policies tab and Research Policies link under your facility.
Below are some examples of Health System research policies that can be found on the Intranet:
- Research with Human Subjects
- GR065 Review and Management of External Interests (COIs) in Research (Individual)
- Research Misconduct
- Human Subject Research Oversight and Monitoring
- Human Subject Research Training
- Training for Shipping Infectious Substances, Diagnostic Specimens, Radioactive and Other Hazardous Materials
- Visiting Scientists and Scholars for Research
- Requirements for Registration of Clinical Research Studies
- Grant Applications for External Funding
- Grant Close Out
- Time and Effort Reporting
- Principal Investigators for Sponsored Research
Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) Policies and Procedures
The HRPP Policy and Procedure Manual reflects the policy and procedures of the Northwell Health
Human Research Protection Program (HRPP). The policies apply when using the Northwell Health IRB. Updated 7/17/17
The IRB Fee Schedule policy details how fees are calculated for IRB review and processing performed by
the Northwell Health Institutional Review Board. Updated 1/10/17
Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Policies and Procedures
The IBC Policies and Procedures Manual can be found on Northwell Health’s IBC website and reflects the policies and procedures of the Northwell Health Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC). The policies apply when using the Northwell Health IBC.
Facility/Departmental/Programmatic Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
There may be policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) that are specific to your facility, department, and/or research program you are a member of. Be sure to know where to find your site and research program specific policies and SOPs.