This course is designed to provide you with an introduction and broad overview to grants and contracts administration, also known as sponsored program administration. This is a 3-hour long, CEU-accredited class that will discuss the following topics and how they relate to your Northwell Health sponsored program activities:
- Who is the Grants Management Office (GMO) and how can they help me with finding funding, proposal development and grants submission?
- What is the difference between grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements?
- What is the Uniform Guidance and how is it applicable to me?
- What do I need to know about the legalities underlying Sponsored Programs?
- How do I develop a budget for my proposal?
- Who are the common sponsors that fund Northwell Health?
- What do I need to know about financial management of sponsored programs?
- What are the compliance issues facing institutions, including FCOI, IRB, IACUC, Export Control, etc.?
This class is offered at the Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI) and free to Northwell Health employees.
- Email GMO@northwell.edu or call (516) 465-2776 with any questions about the class.
- Diane M. Marbury, CRA – Director, Pre-Award, Grants Management Office
- Angelica C. Gomez – Director of Finance, Grants Management Office
- Tiffany Chapman – Assistant Director, Grants Management Operations (alternate instructor)
- Marilyn Melendez – Assistant Director, Grants Management Operations (alternate instructor)