Marc L. Gordon, MD is chief of Neurology at the Zucker Hillside Hospital, and professor of Neurology and Psychiatry at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. He received his BA summa cum laude and his MA degrees from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He received his MD degree from Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons in 1985. He completed his neurology residency training and a fellowship in neuropsychopharmacology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1990. Dr. Gordon is a diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and a fellow of the American Academy of Neurology.
Dr. Gordon’s primary subspecialty interest is in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry. He has been a Principal Investigator in clinical research studies of Alzheimer’s disease, mild cognitive impairment, and vascular dementia. His current research involves clinical trials of novel medications, biomarker studies, and imaging techniques.
Jeremy Koppel, MD
Erica Christen, RN
2012 US News Top Doctors
2008-2017 Newsday, Long Island’s Top Doctors
1998-2017 Castle Connolly Top Doctors – New York Metro Area
1998-2001 New York Magazine, The Best Doctors in New York, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001
1990 National Headache Foundation Research Grant
1989 Leo M. Davidoff Award for excellence in teaching medical students, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1983 Dr. Alfred Steiner Award for Medical Student Research (sponsored by Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich)
1983 Associated Medical Schools of New York 1983 Award for Distinguished Performance in Biomedical Research
1982 N.I.H. Summer Research Fellowship
1981-1985 New York State Regents Scholarship for Medicine
1975 Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron Chapter
1975 Departmental Honors of High Distinction in English
1975 BA summa cum laude
1971 Bausch & Lomb Science Medal
- Zhang N, Zhang L, Li Y, Gordon ML, Cai L, Wang Y, Xing M, Cheng Y. “Urine AD7c-NTP Predicts Amyloid Deposition and Symptom of Agitation in Patients with Alzheimer’s Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment.” Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease 2017 (60):87–95 (DOI 10.3233/JAD-170383)
- Zhang N, Gordon ML, Goldberg TE. “Cerebral blood flow measured by arterial spin labeling MRI at resting statein normal aging and Alzheimer’s disease.” Neurosci Biobehav Rev. Jan;72:168–175. Epub 2016 Dec 4. (DOI: 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2016.11.023)
- Mattis PJ, Niethammer M, Sako W, Tang CC, Nazem A, Gordon ML, Brandt V, Dhawan V, Eidelberg D. “Distinct brain networks underlie cognitive dysfunction in Parkinson and Alzheimer diseases.” Neurology. 2016 Nov 1;87(18):1925-1933. Epub 2016 Oct 5. (DOI: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000003285)
- Sousa A, Gomar JJ, Ragland JD, Conejero-Goldberg C, Buthorn J, Keehlisen L, Huey TE, Koppel J, Gordon ML, Christen E, Goldberg TE. “The relational and item-specific encoding task in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer disease.” Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2016 Oct 11;42(5-6):265-277. Epub 2016 Oct 11. (DOI: 10.1159/000448170)
- Gomar JJ, Gordon ML, Dickinson D, Kingsley PB, Ulug AM, Keehlisen L, Huet S, Buthorn JJ, Koppel J, Christen E, Conejero-Goldberg C, Davies P, Goldberg TE. “APOE genotype modulates proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy metabolites in the aging brain.” Biol Psychiatry 2013
- Gordon ML, Mirza N, Bauer L, Spoor E, Overman G, Dustin I, Fleischer TA, Putnam K, Cohen RM, Sunderland T. “Intravenous pulse cyclophosphamide in Alzheimer’s disease: Results of a pilot dose-finding study.” Alzheimer’s & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer’s Association 2006;2:S360.
- Koppel J, Bradshaw H, Goldberg TE, Khalili H, Marambaud P, Walker MJ, Pazos M, Gordon ML, Christen E, Davies P. “Endocannabinoids in Alzheimer’s disease and their impact on normative cognitive performance: a case-control and cohort study.” Lipids Health Dis. 2009; 8:2.
- Goldberg TE, Koppel J, Keehlisen L, Christen E, Dreses-Werringloer U, Conejero-Goldberg C, Gordon ML, Davies P. “Performance-based measures of everyday function in mild cognitive impairment.” American Journal of Psychiatry. 2010 Jul;167(7):845-53. Epub 2010 Apr 1.
- Gallego JA, Gordon ML, Claycomb K, Bhatt M, Lencz T, Malhotra AK. “In vivo microRNA detection and quantitation in cerebrospinal fluid.” J Mol Neurosci. Epub 2012 Mar 9.
- Gordon ML, Kingsley PB, Goldberg TE, Koppel J, Christen E, Keehlisen L, Kohn N, Davies P. “An open-label exploratory study with memantine: correlation between proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy and cognition in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease.” Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord Extra 2012;2:312-20 (DOI: 10.1159/000341604)
- Kirchberg BC, Cohen JR, Adelsky MB, Buthorn JJ, Gomar JJ, Gordon M, Koppel J, Christen E, Conejero-Goldberg C, Davies P, Goldberg TE. “Semantic distance abnormalities in mild cognitive impairment: their nature and relationship to function.” Am J Psychiatry 2012; 00:1–9 (DOI: 10.1176/ 12030383)
View a complete list at PubMed