According to the American Grant Writers Association: “Each year, public and private foundations award billions of dollars in grants, sums of money that are intended to advance a specific objective. Grant writers help to match funders with projects they want to support. Whether it’s for health care, people, animals, or the environment, they are writing for a cause.”
Services that are offered:
Development of Research Protocols/Protocol Design
- Facilitate literature reviews pertaining to the subject area for incorporation into the protocol as needed
- Proofread to achieve a grammatically correct and professionally polished document. This includes correcting, spelling, grammar, punctuation, verb-tense consistency, noun-verb agreement and formatting consistency.
- Ensure that the research protocol is effective for the study and including any recommendations as needed (statistical parameters, methodology, research procedures, etc.
- Assists with the development of proposals and other supporting documents
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters and presentations
Medical Journal Submissions
- Develop documents into manuscripts in accordance with the designated journal’s guidelines
- Draft cover letters and other supporting documents to the designated contact person at the journal
- Site Qualification visits
- Feasibility Questionnaires
- Assisting with IRB submissions for investigator-initiated projects or industry-funded projects
- Walk-through required trainings for conducting clinical research(eCOI, CITI training)
- Educating coordinators on screening techniques to increase enrollment
- Review barriers with Physician/coordinators to find eligible subjects (i.e. Language barriers)
- Work with research staff to develop retention solutions
Central Research Coordinator Support
The CTO can provide guidance for questions you may have about research coordination or research issues. The CTO can provide research coordinator service for any department anywhere throughout Northwell Health. The following is a sample of services but not limited to:
- Regulatory submissions and compliance
- Data collection, entry and management
- Subject recruitment and follow up appointments
- Coordinate monitoring visits
- Full coordinator support
The Clinical Trials Office Alliance Coordinator Award Program
The Northwell Health Clinical Trials Office is proud to promote a career ladder and job specific competencies for research coordinators by providing logistical, financial, and leadership support. Research coordinators, who are eligible to sit for a certification examination in clinical research coordination, are encouraged to apply for an Alliance Coordinator Award. The Alliance Coordinator Award provides the necessary funds to reimburse for registration fees for the certification exam as well as a year of membership.
In order to receive the Alliance Coordinator Award, applicants must be engaged in our research community by participation in Clinical Research Coordinator meetings and workgroups and in Public Research Education Program (PREP) courses. Note that applicants must also pass the exam to be eligible for reimbursement.
You are expected to register and pay for the examination through the Association for Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA). Upon receipt of confirmation that you passed the examination, you will be eligible for reimbursement of the certification exam registration and that year’s membership fees. For reimbursement, email a copy of your official test results and proof of payment to email@example.com.
Twenty awards for certification and membership are available every year. Twenty awards for maintenance of certification only are also available every year. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Click here to view the Alliance Coordinator Award Program application.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACRP E-Learning Portal
We have formed an alliance with the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), through their alliance partner program. ACRP recognizes organizations who support the mission to promote excellence in clinical research. Through this alliance we are able to offer an educational opportunity through an e-learning platform. We feel quality professional development is an essential part of achieving the highest level of patient safety, data quality and regulatory compliance. These courses were developed for our clinical coordinators and investigators to support your understanding of the many aspects of clinical research. While you’ll find that several programs are directly related to the work you perform daily, we encourage you to explore the entire catalog to better understand the full clinical research landscape. As an added bonus, continuing medical education credits can be earned, free of charge to you. There is an opportunity to earn up to 39.5 credits. Your courses that you take will be stored on our own personal Northwell ACRP page. Please contact the clinical trials office for more information, email@example.com.