Export Control

If your research does or will involve travel or collaboration with foreign people, countries, or entities, you may be subject to the federal export control regulations such as International Traffic in Arms and Export Administration Regulations. Be sure to contact the Grants Management Office as early as possible when you believe that such activity or collaboration may occur. If an export control license is needed, be aware that it may take up to several years to be approved by the federal government.