The Feinstein Institute is now hosting the research data management application, REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture). REDCap is a secure web based application developed by Vanderbilt University, and is now available for use among the Northwell Health research community. REDCap allows users to build and manage online surveys and databases quickly and securely, and can be utilized for a specific clinical trial or study being conducted by a researcher.
Access to REDCap
If you are a researcher at Northwell Health and would like to use REDCap for your clinical research project, please click on this link to request access to this application (under “Name of Application you wish access to” select “REDCap” from the drop-down menu). Click here for a video that shows you how to request access to REDCap through Healthport.
Training and Information
Monthly training at Center for Learning and Innovation with both REDCap Overview and Intermediate classes. Sign on to iLearn and search for “REDCap” to see upcoming class dates and times for both Overview and Intermediate classes.
Additional REDCap Services
The following services are available from RIS for your REDCap projects at a cost of $60-$100/hr.
- Database development
- Data migration from existing database/spreadsheet into REDCap
- Advanced functionality require programmer services
- Integration with external devices (e.g. FitBit)
- Integration with external systems
- API (Application Program Interface)
- DDP (Dynamic Data Pull)
- DTS (Data Transfer Service)
Contact Lara Lechtenberg to discuss additional REDCap services from RIS.
Templates for IRB Protocols and Grants
- REDCap template for Grants
- REDCap template for IRB protocols
- Randomization in REDCap: template for Statistical Plan in IRB protocol
- REDCap citation for manuscripts
Read the following REDCap resource materials
- Links to REDCap Training Videos
- Why switch from Excel/Access to REDCap? From University of Minnesota
- REDCap New User Communication
- Memo: REDCap access for those unable to obtain a northwell.edu email addresses
- Memo: REDCap access for non-Northwell Health collaborators who do not have Universal IDs
Click here to view REDCap frequently asked questions.
Questions about REDCap? Contact:
Lara Lechtenberg, MPH