The Office of Research Policy and Training (RPT) serves as the CITI Program Administrator for Northwell Health and works with CITI Program on how to best utilize the program to meet the required regulatory training needs of Northwell Health researchers.
The CITI Program is a web based training program used to fulfill regulatory, industry, and institutional policies and standards for research training requirements. Courses are available for various topics involving human subjects research, biological agent research, animal research, and laboratory research. The CITI Program is used by institutions and facilities from around the world. One of the key benefits of this program is that course completion is transferable between member institutions with occasional updates to ensure that training content is consistent with revisions to regulations. If you have transferred to Northwell Health from another institution and/or are considering transferring to or collaborating with an institution that uses the CITI Program, you may have met the majority of your research training requirements. CME/CEU credits are available for a feee through CITI Program. Contact CITI Program for more information about CME/CEU credits.
NOTE: Each person must have their own CITI Program account and courses are only to be accessed and completed by the person whose name is on the account. Accounts can not be transferred from one person to another – the name on a CITI Program account can not be changed to another person’s name; name changes are only allowed if it is a legal name change for the user.
Accessing CITI Program
- Go to www.citiprogram.org
- New users must register to create a username/password and affiliate with Northwell Health. Make sure you choose the correct institution for affiliation. The IRB office does not accept CITI courses completed under any other affiliation.
- Existing users must log-on with their username/password and click on the link located on the bottom of the Main Menu that reads “click here to affiliate with another institution.” Search for “Northwell Health” and click next to follow instructions to complete affiliation. Click on the “Forgot Username or Password” link below the log-in box if you have forgotten your log-in information. Note: Do not remove any affiliations with past institutions or you may have to retake modules that you have already completed.
- Adding a Course: To add a course, you must complete the following steps:
- Go to www.citiprogram.org and log into your account
- Under “My Learner Tools for Northwell Health” click on “Add a course.”
- Answer all questions. Note: You will be automatically enrolled into required courses depending on your answers. You will be enrolled into optional courses depending on how you answer question #9.
- Scroll to bottom of page and click “Submit.”
Training Completion Dates – click this link to find CITI Program training completion dates for Northwell Health. This spreadsheet is updated weekly. For real-time training information, log into your CITI Program account to view your course status, completion reports, and previously completed coursework.
- Contact the Office of Research Policy and Training at RPT@northwell.edu with any general questions such as how to affiliate with Northwell Health, how to add/remove a course, or how to access completion reports.
- Contact CITI Program Support Center at mailto:email@example.com or 888-529-5929 if you need technical assistance such resetting username/password or merging accounts.