This course is designed to provide you with an introduction and broad overview to grants and contracts administration, also known as sponsored program administration. This is a 3-hour long, CEU-accredited class that will discuss the following topics and how they relate to your Northwell Health sponsored program activities:
- Who is the Grants Management Office (GMO) and how can they help me with finding funding, proposal development and grants submission?
- What is the difference between grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements?
- What is the Uniform Guidance and how is it applicable to me?
- What do I need to know about the legalities underlying Sponsored Programs?
- How do I develop a budget for my proposal?
- Who are the common sponsors that fund Northwell Health?
- What do I need to know about financial management of sponsored programs?
- What are the compliance issues facing institutions, including FCOI, IRB, IACUC, Export Control, etc.?
- Email GMO@northwell.edu or call (516) 562-3106 with any questions about the class.
- Email RPT@northwell.edu if you need assistance registering in iLearn.
- Diane M. Marbury, CRA – Director, Pre-Award, Grants Management Office
- Angelica C. Gomez – Director of Finance, Grants Management Office
- Tiffany Chapman – Assistant Director, Grants Management Operations (alternate instructor)
- Marilyn Melendez – Assistant Director, Grants Management Operations (alternate instructor)
Upcoming Class Dates:
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm